Oatmeal Waffle Recipe
Oatmeal adds texture and taste to an already delicious breakfast entrée as well as an unexpected nutritional boost. It is a superb addition to the traditional or Belgian waffle. In addition, oatmeal is an excellent source of fiber and nutrients. They say that fiber even reduces the risk of cancer. Oatmeal also contains many essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and that it is a good source of protein, complex carbohydrates and iron. At least so I heard :). So it can't hurt to put oatmeal into our waffle recipe.
When you mix all of the health benefits with the joy of sharing waffles with your loved ones, how can you resist this deliciously tempting breakfast treat?
Oatmeal Waffle Recipe Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs – slightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together into a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in oatmeal, making sure all ingredients are well mixed and set aside.
3. Mix eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar in a small bowl until all ingredients are thoroughly blended together.
4. Add liquids to the flour mixture.
5. Stir by hand or use electric mixer until smooth
6. Pour batter on to grids of preheated, lightly greased waffle iron according. Close lid immediately, and do not open until waffles are done.
This oatmeal waffle recipe
will make you enough waffles to serves 4 people.
NOTE: This oatmeal waffle recipe was submitted by one of our visitors. Thanks!
Rate This Recipe!