A basic Belgian waffle is transformed into an old fashioned soda shop treat with this tantalizing recipe. Banana splits have been dessert favorites for generations. Why not enhance the tradition by serving it atop a luxurious Belgian waffle rather than in the traditional oblong dessert dish?
Simply start with your basic Belgian waffle and create a masterpiece that your family will cherish for years to come.
For each Banana Split Waffle, you will need:
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 small scoop strawberry ice-cream
- 1 small scoop chocolate ice-cream
- 1 small scoop vanilla ice-cream
- Pineapple dessert topping
- Chocolate syrup
- Strawberry dessert topping
- Some Crushed Nuts
- Spray whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
1. Cook waffles according to basic recipe.
2. Slice banana half longways down the middle.
3. Lay banana halves on top of cool waffle.
4. Add scoops of ice cream in a row between banana slices.
5. Spoon on dessert toppings and chocolate syrup.
6. Sprinkle on nuts.
7. Spray liberal amount of whipped cream on top.
8. Top off with a maraschino cherry and serve.
Enjoy your banana split waffles!
(thanks to Ann for this recipe)
This article hasn't been commented yet.