If you've ever had to cater for a group of friends and family, you'll know that trying to please everyone can be a read headache! You'll be pleased to know then, that this waffle recipe with Bisquick makes such utterly delicious, light and airy waffles, that everyone will love them.
Don't worry if you don't have a lot of experience in the kitchen either, as these waffles couldn't be easier, or quicker, to make. As Bisquick is pre-mixed, you don't even have to go to the trouble of measuring out your flour or your rising agents, as it's all done for you. All the other ingredients are pretty standard refrigerator or cupboard items, so you shouldn't even have to go to the store for anything before you start cooking.
When your waffles are ready - all crispy and golden on the outside and light and fluffy as a cloud on the inside - you'll probably want to wolf them down straight away. However, as nice as they are on their own, you may like to think about something to serve with them.
The obvious favorite here has got to be 100% maple syrup - who doesn't love waffles and maple syrup?! Alternatively, how about one - or more - of the following suggestions?
Chopped fresh fruit or fresh fruit puree
Ice cream - choose your flavor!
Sugar and lemon or lime juice
Fresh fruit and ice cream
Coconut ice cream with crushed peanuts
Bacon or sausage and maple syrup
Vanilla bean ice cream andhot fudge or caramel sauce
These are just a few ideas to get you started - of course, there are many more.
Ingredients - Makes 6 to 8 Waffles
1 cups Bisquick
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks (separated from the whites)
2 egg whites (separated from the yolks)
Spray cooking oil
1. Before you start cooking, preheat your waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients, except the egg whites.
3. Set the mixture to one side for at least 15 minutes
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
5. Carefully fold the whisked egg whites into the Bisquick mix.
6. Give all the waffle iron surfaces a light spray with cooking oil and then using a ladle or large spoon, place the mixture onto the preheated waffle iron. Depending on your waffle iron, will depend on how long your waffle takes to cook, but generally, when the steam subsides, the waffle is ready.
7. Carefully remove the waffle and place on a plate, covering with a piece of kitchen paper.
8. Repeat the spraying process to ensure that none of the mixture sticks to the iron, and continue as before until all your Bisquick mix is used.
Serve as you like.
Variations To Bisquick Waffle Recipe
As a variation on the above recipe, you may like to try adding fruit, chocolate chips or nuts to your batter before you cook your waffles. This being the case, simply follow these instructions;
When your Bisquick mix is ready for the waffle iron, mix in about 1/2 a cup (individually, or a combination) of any of the following ingredients, or other ingredients of your choice. As tempting as it may be, it's important not to add too much extra ingredients, as if you do, it will spoil the end result.
- Mashed banana
- Chopped strawberries
- Cooked apple
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate chips.
Proceed with cooking your waffles as per the method above and then enjoy!
This article hasn't been commented yet.